Price And Quantity
- 170 INR
PH Paper, also known as litmus paper, is a type of paper that is used to test the acidity or alkalinity of a liquid. It is made by impregnating paper with a mixture of different dyes that change color in response to changes in pH. When pH paper is dipped into a solution, it reacts with the hydrogen ions in the solution, causing the dye to change color.
The color change is then compared to a color chart or pH scale to determine the approximate pH of the solution. pH paper is a simple, inexpensive, and convenient tool for measuring the pH of a solution. It is often used in laboratories, schools, and in-home testing kits. However, it is less accurate than a pH meter, and it can only provide an approximate pH value within a certain range, typically between 0 and 14. Different pH paper types may have different pH ranges, so it's important to choose the appropriate type of pH paper for the specific application.
Features of pH paper:
1. pH range: Different types of pH paper have different pH ranges, which can vary from narrow to wide. It's important to choose the appropriate pH paper for the specific application.
2. Color chart: pH paper typically comes with a color chart or pH scale that helps to interpret the color change and determine the approximate pH value of the solution.
3. Sensitivity: The sensitivity of pH paper refers to how easily it detects changes in pH. pH paper with high sensitivity can detect small changes in pH, while pH paper with low sensitivity is less responsive.
4. Convenience: pH paper is often convenient to use because it is portable, disposable, and requires no additional equipment or calibration.
5. Cost-effective: pH paper is a cost-effective way to test pH and is often less expensive than a pH meter.
6. Shelf life: pH paper has a limited shelf life and can become less accurate over time if not stored properly. It's important to check the expiration date and store pH paper in a cool, dry place.
7. Safety: pH paper is generally safe to use and does not pose a significant risk of exposure to chemicals. However, it's important to follow safety guidelines and use protective equipment when handling potentially hazardous chemicals.
Specifications of PH Paper:
- Type: Paper
- Measuring Range: Ph 0 To 14
- Material: Paper
- Color: Multi Colours
- Number Of Leaves: 10
- Ph Value: 0 To 14
FAQs of PH Paper:
Q: What is the pH range of pH paper?
A: The pH range of pH paper can vary depending on the type of paper. Some pH papers have a narrow pH range, while others have a wider range. The pH range is typically indicated on the packaging or instructions.
Q: How do I use pH paper?
A: To use pH paper, dip a small piece of the paper into the solution being tested and compare the color change to the color chart provided. The color of the paper will correspond to a certain pH value, which can be determined from the color chart.
Q: How accurate is pH paper compared to a pH meter?
A: pH paper is generally less accurate than a pH meter. While pH paper can provide an approximate pH value, it is less precise than a pH meter and can be affected by factors such as temperature and the presence of other chemicals.
Q: Can pH paper be reused?
A: No, pH paper is a one-time use product and cannot be reused.
Q: What is the shelf life of pH paper?
A: pH paper has a limited shelf life and can become less accurate over time. The shelf life can vary depending on the type and brand of pH paper, but it is typically indicated on the packaging or instructions.
Q: Is pH paper safe to use?
A: pH paper is generally safe to use and does not pose a significant risk of exposure to chemicals. However, it's important to follow safety guidelines and use protective equipment when handling potentially hazardous chemicals.
Q: What are some common applications of pH paper?
A: pH paper is commonly used in laboratories, schools, and in-home testing kits to test the pH of various solutions. It is also used in the food industry to test the acidity of foods and in swimming pools to test the pH of the water.
- 10 Per Day
- 10 Days
- All India Madhya Pradesh Meghalaya Sikkim Delhi Daman and Diu Gujarat South India Karnataka Tripura Pondicherry North India Arunachal Pradesh Assam Rajasthan Mizoram Himachal Pradesh Chhattisgarh Chandigarh Jharkhand Dadra and Nagar Haveli West India Haryana Uttar Pradesh Maharashtra Lakshadweep Goa Telangana Jammu and Kashmir West Bengal Uttarakhand Odisha Bihar Nagaland Andaman and Nicobar Islands Punjab Andhra Pradesh Manipur Central India East India Kerala Tamil Nadu
- ISO 9001 : 2015 certified and Msme Certified.